In the search for the perfect recipe or dessert for the fine dining Italian restaurant, the first dessert comes is tiramisu and second comes in mind is pannacotta (i.e. Pannacotta Allo Yogurt Magro) a very common dessert in their region, which have various recipe according to their use.
Panna cotta. Could there ever be a dessert so simple and yet so satisfying?
A beautiful dessert which is made by basic ingredient can be cream , sugar , gelatine which can be combined with any fruit or puree to get the best paired dessert on the plate
Granita in Italian is a semi-frozen dessert made from sugar, water and various flavourings and the scraped with fork and serve as per the requirement.
So I am sharing one of the recipes which is made with low fat yoghurt very refreshing and one of my takes on classical pannacotta.
This dessert is Pannacotta allo yogurt magro infused with rosemary served along with litchi basil granita and trice washed raspberry and Assam tea consommé along with some fresh berries , Very light and refreshing dessert which is beautiful balanced with flavour.
Granita remind me of ‘baraf ka gola’ which I hope all of us used to or still having it which remind of summer, so I added to the recipe to bring together the harmony of creamy texture with granita.
Let’s see how we can make Pannacotta allo yogurt magro.
- Food Bowl
- Gas Range/Induction
- Food Pan
- 250 gm Low fat Yoghurt
- 120 gm Sugar
- 5 gm Rosemary
- 100 gm Amul Cream (whipped)
- 100 gm Amul Cream
- 5 gm Gelatine
Lychee and basil granita
- 150 gm Lychee Puree
- 150 gm Sparkling Water
- 25 gm Sugar
- 5 gm Basil
Trice Washed Raspberry And Assam Tea Consom
- 1 no Assam tea bag
- 40 ml Raspberrypuree
- 600 ml Water
- 3 ml Lemon juice
- 70 ml Water
- 20 gm Raspberrypuree
- 10 gm Flour
- 10 ml Oil
- Soak gelatin in 30 gm of cold water and let it bloom.
- Now bring sugar, cream, rosemary to a boil and then strain it and add to bloomed gelatin and keep it aside to cool down a bit then add low-fat yogurt and fold in whipped Amul cream.
- Then set in mould.
- Mix all things together. Bring it to boil and keep for hot infusion for half an hour, then strain the mixture and set in deep freezer till frozen.
- Once freeze then scrapeit with fork and keep in deep to set.
- Simmer water with Assam tea bag with 200 ml water for 10 min and remove the water do this process for 3 times.
- And then add raspberry puree and lemon juice to it and chill it.
- Take a pan add a dash of oil, keep the heat on medium if induction then at 70.
- Mix the mixture well and then put on pan, slow you will see coral effect on the tuile once bubble disappear remove it from the pan.
we are removing the tea water as we don’t require a strong flavor for tea in consommé.
Contributor: Chef Sanchit Kapoor - @chef_sanchit_kapoor
In collaboration with Chef Prayas Deshmukh - https://foodindulge.com/