Walnut Pie is a sweet caramel & walnut filling in sweet single crust pastry dough casing. This is very amazing, caramelized walnuts, sweetness of caramel sauce and crusty dough will altogether a very beautiful burst of flavors. This is one of my favorite pie as well and easy to make.
What is Pie?
A Pie is a baked dish consisting of a pastry dough casing filled with sweet or savory ingredients. They are defined by their crust. A filled Pie (Single crust or bottom Crust), Top crust pie and a two crust pie.
What is Blind Baking?
Blind baking is also called as pre-baking. Blind Baking is a process of baking a pie crust or any other pastry without a filling.
Recipe For Pie Dough
- Flour – 150 gm
- Butter -70 gm
- Sugar -60 ml
- Water -10 ml
- Cream sugar and butter.
- Rubin flour with the creamed mixture.
- Add Water in order to form dough & knead gently.
- Line the pie rings and dock and keep it in the fridge to rest.
- Blind bake at 150 for 8 mins.
Recipe For Pre-Mix
- Eggs – 1 no
- Sugar- 50 gm
- Walnuts- 100 gm
Methods of Preparation
- Caramelized sugar & pour silicone mat or oiled surface.
- Roast walnuts at 160°c for 6 mins.
- Blend the caramel in to form a powder.
- Wisk eggs till slightly fluffy. Add caramel power to the egg and continue whisking till thicker consists yet pour-able.
For Final Bake
- Arrange the roasted walnuts in the tart distributing all around equally.
- Pour the pie mix on the walnuts.
- Bake at 150 for 15-20 mins.
- Demold and let it cool.
Recipe for Caramel Sauce
- Sugar – 50 gm
- Cream (Full fat) – 50 ml
- Butter – 5 gm
Method Of Preparation
- Caramelize sugar till light brown turn the heat down add cold butter and wisk
- Turn off the flame. Pour in the cream wisk it turn on the flame cook till slightly thicker.
Time to Assemble Everything
- Brush the walnuts with honey to glaze it for Garnish.
- Pipe the warm caramel around the walnut give it a shake gently.
- Have it slightly warm.
In collaboration with Chef Prayas Deshmukh (https://foodindulge.com/)